Few steps :
1. Choosing a study program: more information in our website on the page « Higher education in France ».
2. Checking the admission requirements: it depends on the year of study you wish to apply, your nationality and your current residence. See below.
4. If you are accepted, applying for a student visa: European candidates do not need visa. If you are already living in France neither.
5. Administrative enrolment: on your arrival. You will be after able to register with Social Security.
6. Educational enrolment
7. Applying for a student residence permit: European candidates do not need to hold a residence permit. Non-european will have to apply for a Student residence permit (VLS-TS) in the three months folowing the arrival in France.